Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6244
Position Title: BI Systems Administrator II
Talbots is looking for a highly motivated individual who has expertise with components of the MicroStrategy BI Stack, including the Intelligence Server (multiple nodes), Web Server, Mobile Server, Enterprise Manager, Admin Tools, Warehouse, and the Web and Mobile servers. This is a key administration role ensures the optimal performance and utilization of the system. As the role will also be responsible for database administration duties, he/she will be responsible for the RDBMS production and development databases. The person will be a skilled Database Administrator (DBA) and database designer, with a programming background and strong SQL Server management skills.
• Demonstrates expertise in all components of the MicroStrategy BI Stack and SQL Server 2008 and 2016 (2017 a plus) – SSRS used to access SSAS cubes created in EDW
• Responsible for administration of the BI application including migrations, administrative tasks, user management & MSTR services/engine maintenance
• Create security roles, schedules, subscription, User’s and Group’s with their required privileges
• Experience with admin tools including Object Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, and Enterprise Manager
• Product installation, upgrades, configure, and troubleshoot software
• Perform and support object migrations between environments
• Support users in pilot and production environment
• Create usage reports and performs system monitoring
• MicroStrategy troubleshooting and performance tuning
• Submit and manage issues and enhancement cases with MicroStrategy for administration/environment related items
• Understanding of the ETL process utilizing SSIS packages that are wrappers for stored procedures
• Provide database engineer assistance with the ability to troubleshoot SQL performance problems. Understand SQL Plans and Profiles to help tune database tables and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
• Support the data import and data load process
• Manage database user administration and implementation of security rules
• Responsible for backup and recovery strategies
• Develop, implement, and test disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
• Person will be part of the on call support rotation for weekend and nights when needed.
• Clearly communicate ideas and recommendations, and have the ability to document processes and procedures for others to follow.
• 5 years’ experience obtaining a thorough knowledge along with hands-on experience of MicroStrategy (I-Server/Web and admin tools)
• 7 years of technical experience understanding of systems infrastructure equipment as servers and storage systems, software including server operating systems
• Prior experience with cube design, creation and utilization as well as unit testing architectural development efforts.
• Thorough understanding of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence life cycle of development
• Extensive experience and knowledge of query performance tuning
• Expert knowledge of SQL and working knowledge of SQL server
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• MicroStrategy Certified Administrator preferred
• Ability to work on-location with some work from home opportunities
• Experience in the retail industry a plus
Community / Marketing Title: MicroStrategy Administrator
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US