Co Manager, Oakbrook
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois US
Job Number: 6110
Position Title: Co-Manager
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Co-Manager supports the Store Manager or General Manager (the “Manager”) in leading a team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The Co-Manager is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and building enduring relationships both internally and externally. In partnership with the Manager, the Co-Manager is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her store and balancing the operational energy with selling energy necessary to create exceptional experiences for our customers. The Co-Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in coordinating, monitoring and performing all activities within a multiple concept store and/or a multiple location store.
- Embodies the leadership skills needed to attract and build a high-performance team.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional service contributes in growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers, Talbots associates and the community.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling, service and operational standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Is a collaborative partner with the Manager on all areas related to the store.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Assists the Manager in educating, coaching, mentoring and inspiring all store associates based on
- their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge, wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors to drive customer loyalty
- and a sustainable sales trend.
- Supports the Manager in creating a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and work in partnership with the Manager to address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Business Acumen:
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Assist the Manager in assessing team and discerning appropriate balance of selling vs. operational energy within the store to successfully service the customer, manage payroll/staffing schedule and optimize sales.
- Support the Manager in analyzing store reports to optimize performance, take action and give direction based on business trends.
Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence supporting the Manager in creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Use company resources and personal leadership in collaboration with the Manager to facilitate and sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the team.
- Support the Manager to lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand initiatives to grow key selling metrics.
- Professionally represent the brand image and support the Manager in ensuring all associates meet same standards.
- Assist the Manager in leading all areas of operational excellence.
- Assist the Manager in planning and prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
- Assist the Manager in protecting company assets and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Assist the Manager in ensuring compliance of all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience preferred. Specialty retailing experience preferred.
- Strong sales experience required with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Flexible to occasional travel.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Co Manager, Oakbrook
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Oak Brook, Illinois US