Assistant Print & Pattern
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 5879
Position Title: Asst Print & Pattern
This position is responsible for assisting Print and Pattern Manager with the creation, development, and execution of seasonal prints, patterns and color from concept through production. The print team acts as a creative liaison between Design, Merchant, Product Development team, Sourcing, CAD, Fabric Research & Development, and Technical Design teams in the creation of prints that are both brand appropriate and technically ready for production.
- Collaborate with Design team, CAD team and outside studios/artists to develop focused and cohesive prints that are brand appropriate to sit within the collection.
- Create/prepare print packages, including CAD artwork /repeats /technical print information/specific placement measurements within calendar deadlines.
- Create/maintain seasonal print chart, including ready dates of sample yardage, approval status, print placement, and any additional information specific to print.
- Assist in making color comments /approvals on print submits, strike off /bulk submits in a timely fashion.
- Partner with Sourcing, Product Development, and Fabric Research & Development to determine allocation of prints to specific factories/countries and to problem solve any bulk print issues.
- Clearly and accurately communicate print issues/concerns/updates to cross-functional teams and overseas partners verbally and through detailed emails.
- Collaborate with manager/overseas partners to troubleshoot specific challenges with print development/ execution.
- Create presentation print boards and color cards for key Concept and Line Presentation meetings.
- Update/maintain print quality reference books, with swatches, fabric detail sheets, and print quality limitations charts.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree and 0-3 years’ experience in (textile/ design) print field.
- Ability to interpret aesthetic design inspiration into production ready patterns.
- Technical expertise in prints, color matching and creation of color ways.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, problem solve, be flexible and collaborative.
- Ability to act as a creative liaison between Design, Merchant and Product Development teams.
- Must be culturally aware and able to work with global partners.
- Ability to be a self-motivator, proactive, and able to take direction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
- PC proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Print & Pattern
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US