Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7216
Position Title: Retoucher
The Retoucher is responsible for retouching on-figure and still life web thumbnail images. Must be able to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining attention to detail. The retoucher must be comfortable working within established workflow and brand standards.
- Retouch, mask, color correct and swatch match on-figure and still life accessory images.
- Colorize base images for multiple colorways.
- Develop an understanding of retouching expectations and standards to represent the Talbots brand.
- Review retouching work for consistency and accuracy.
- Meet daily image goals and display flexibility in order to meet deadlines.
This position impacts the sales results of the web site. This position also impacts the efficiency and work flow of high volume photography and post production of the In House Photo Studio.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal – Art Directors, Fashion editors, project management and digital teams.
External – all freelance shoot personnel (photographer, assistants, producers)
- Must have 1+ years of professional experience in image retouching, editing, and/or photography.
- A college degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography or equivalent experience required.
- Fashion retail and/or e-commerce preferred.
- Proficiency in photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficient in a MAC environment
- Artful color sensibility with the ability to visually inspect material and distinguish all colors and hues.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Community / Marketing Title: Image Retoucher
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US