Sr. Analyst, Customer Analytics
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7112
Position Title: Sr Customer Analytics Analyst
- You LOVE data
- Challenging problems get you pumped
- You like having smart awesome team members
- Our leadership is data-driven
- The vision is omni-channel and device agnostic
- Talbots’s appetite for cutting-edge analytics is strong and so are the investments, which include you!
The (Sr.) Analyst, Customer Marketing Analytics is responsible for delivering quantitative analysis of customer behavior and actionable recommendations to drive companywide marketing initiatives. In this position you will partner with all marketing functions to solve key business questions by developing the appropriate quantitative approach, applying statistical measures and analysis, and presenting findings and recommendations. A successful candidate is self-motivated, capable of taking on projects with increasing levels of complexity, and possess a strong quantitative background.
- Leverage your expertise in predictive analytics to optimize the efficacy of target marketing initiatives in print circulation, e-mail, display, and customer loyalty.
- Identify the best statistical approach and methodology to create a robust customer (or individualized) segmentation model; build the model and implement into the business.
- Create customer lifetime value (CLV) and subsequent value (SVA) models to optimize return-on-investment (ROI) of marketing investments. Inputs may include acquisition channel, order channel, historical transactions, customer attributes, and external data.
- Deliver actionable customer insights derived from quantitative analysis to drive omni-channel customer retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies.
- Be the subject matter expertise (SME) for advanced test design and evaluation – including power sampling techniques and determining statistical significance (chi-square, t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc).
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: CRM, E-Commerce, Retail, and Finance
External: Database, Modeling, Analytics, and Software Vendors
- Bachelors degree in applied math, statistics, engineering, economics, computer science (or similar) or 4+ years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proficiency in query language such as SQL or equivalent.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as SAS, R, or equivalent.
- Experience with data wrangling tools and techniques such as imputation, fuzzy matching, or others.
- Experience with statistical significance techniques such as t-test, ANOVA, correlation, or others.
- Experience using basic statistical techniques such as multiple (non)linear regression, survival analysis, clustering, decision trees, event based modeling, or others.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive deadlines.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Analyst, Customer Analytics
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US