Technical Designer - T by Talbots
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7043
Position Title: Tech Designer
The Technical Designer is responsible for facilitating the transition of apparel styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. Collaborates with manager, agent partners, sourcing, product development, design and merchandising to ensure the fit, quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld. Demonstrates the company’s Values and Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, and embracing diversity.
- Protects brand integrity through fit continuity, upholding construction standards, sizing and styling consistency.
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent in order to establish the initial spec and construction detail.
- Executes the sample process by generating computerized specification packages.
- Manages the measuring and preparing of samples from development through production approval.
- Conduct fit evaluation sessions on live models to analyze balance and proportion of fit. Confirm compliance of garment to specifications and fit direction. Works closely with manager during and post fittings to continually improve skills.
- Documents the fit results, delivers clear communication thru comment / specs / diagrams / photos and review of block patterns.
- Partners with manager or recommendations for garment construction that produces best results to each factory.
- Follows up on e-mails from overseas office regarding comments on fit / construction / and maintain design integrity.
- Ensures seasonal deadlines are met for their styles -- partners with manager to assess next steps when issues arise.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Flexible to the needs of the total department and handles other responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product.
- Fosters open communication and team environment with all business partners; receives constructive feedback professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent functional experience
- 6-8 years experience in Technical Design and/or Patternmaking
- 5+ years experience working with the knit category
- Knowledge of grading, construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer knowledge (WEB PDM, Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe Applications), or other Tech Pack systems
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Designer - T by Talbots
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US