Research and Support Specialist
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee US
Job Number: 6914
Position Title: Cust Serv Support/Resrch Spec
This position is responsible for providing high quality customer service to customers with routine and complex inquiries or comments that require resolution or research with verbal or written follow-up communication to customer. Identify customer concerns and offer timely, positive resolutions within Talbots customer service guidelines and standards while following our customer credo of “Do what is right for the customer”.
- Research, analyze, acknowledge and resolve customer concerns to the satisfaction of our customer within set customer service guidelines. Go above and beyond customer expectations when necessary.
- Determine the best way to correspond with customers verbally, written, chat or email, to positively resolve their concerns and acknowledge compliments or concerns. Customize correspondence as appropriate.
- Use good judgment and demonstrate the ability to problem solve. Implement solutions to meet customer needs while applying Talbots customer service standards.
- Follow up on various customer inquiries and requests for information that would include, but is not limited to: missing payments – undeliverable items – missing mail order information – alternate payment methods – billing ship-to address verifications.
- Work with other departments to collect information and resolve customer concerns. Coordinate any necessary action to ensure complete resolution.
- Document and follow up thoroughly and accurately on any customer contact. Sort documentation either on-line or in logs to be filed for future reference.
- Utilize all resources and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all systems and information necessary to service customers. Perform all other account maintenance functions as needed.
- Prepare Senior Executive correspondence to associates whose service abilities have been recognized by a customer.
- Evaluate accuracy and appropriateness of library letters, recommending changes as necessary.
- Keep up-to-date on all central file and electronic mail daily in order to remain informed of center-wide communication and/or work load distribution.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge and experience in customer service at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma, plus several related business courses. One to two years of related experience, specifically working with the public in some capacity. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Associate must be meeting / exceeding the standards set for a Sales & Service Specialist.
Community / Marketing Title: Research and Support Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Knoxville, Tennessee US