Service Desk Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6519
Position Title: Service Desk Analyst
Responsible for the technical and operational support of all Talbots’ corporate and store wide systems. Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems for internal customers.
- Provide technical assistance to all users utilizing decision trees. Answer questions and resolve problems over the phone, providing instruction through verbal communication and remote access.
- Assist in resolving issues related to system hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Log and track all calls in call tracking database. Refer and escalate calls as necessary.
- Log and maintain point of sale, back office and telecommunication equipment. Place service calls for failed computer/ telecommunications components. Follow up for service level compliance and resolution. Communicate these issues with management as necessary.
- Monitors LAN/WAN and Server availability. Assists in first level event resolution and escalates problems as required
- Monitors Store Network availability. Assists in first level event resolution and escalates problems as required. Assist management with troubleshooting various network components within the store to bring it back online. Dispatch and work with repair vendor until issue is resolved.
- Maintains current knowledge of operating procedures and standards
- Safeguards security of equipment and data files
- Assists in continuous effort to improve the Enterprise Service Desk, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Maintains Computer Room/Server Room cleanliness, safety, and security
- Meet or exceed, both individually and as a team, company defined key performance metrics relating to Enterprise Service Desk call volume and service levels.
- Executes and monitors batch and online systems in multi-platform environment, including critical backups. Assists in first level event resolution and escalates problems as required
- Review and follow-up on all open calls, ensuring they are closed within company defined SLA’s
- Follow the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values & Principles (MVVP)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of information systems at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in Computer Operations or Help Desk support
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining a VOIP topology in a retail based environment.
- Telecommunications and POS systems experience is a plus
- COMPTIA A+, COMPTA Net + and CCNA preferred
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a knowledge of effectively troubleshooting PC’s, Mac Software and Hardware, LAN’s, and WAN’s. It is important to possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Due to the nature of the position, heavy lifting is often required.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Desk Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US