Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 6359
Position Title: Systems Analyst
Experienced hands-on mainframe developer that will contribute to all aspects of application development. Activities will also include defining functional and technical specifications, design, development, and also support production systems. The candidate will also ensure high quality of deliverables while enforcing development best practices. This position will act in a leadership capacity on projects assigned to them and will be responsible for ensuring management is kept current on project status and milestone deliverables.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Translate business requirements into system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements.
- Ensure that new or existing systems meet business requirements and practices and that all application interface issues/concerns are understood, documented and addressed satisfactorily
- Code, conduct code reviews, participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process
- Coordinate development activities with other teams, e.g. database management, infrastructure configuration, quality assurance testing
- Adhere to application development guidelines and help improve existing guidelines. This will include published security standards and coding techniques as well as the documented IT strategy
- Maintain effective relationships with business owners and application development teams
- Analyze user specifications and provide assistance in testing and debugging applications
- The candidate will interact with a diverse set of teams, including developers, business analysts, quality assurance, infrastructure, user communities, and senior management
- Prepares estimates for projects to provide management with information needed to accurately forecast project delivery dates
- Assist project team with unit testing. Develop system test plans and perform full system testing prior to implementation
- Provide production support to existing systems and participate in on-call rotation for team.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience defining, designing and implementing major applications systems in IBM/MVS environment
- 5+ of programming experience with strong Cobol, CICS, VSAM, TSO skills
- Strong DB2 coding, tuning, design skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Keen problem solving skills, ability to deal with complex situations and recommend a technical solution
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid change to meet business needs
- Willingness to learn new technology and stay abreast of current technical trends
- Distributed systems experience a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tampa, Florida US