Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6144
Position Title: Technical Lead
The Technical Lead will be responsible for performing Manhattan Active Omni (MAO) applications development activities consistent with business strategies and objectives. Function as the lead Configuration Architect to design and deliver template driven, efficient, and cost effective OMS solutions that meet Talbots’ business requirements. Ensure successful project implementations by collaborating with a team of functional/technical experts and by defining the roles and responsibilities of the project tasks. This role will ensure successful day-to-day support by building a cross-functional team of application experts and by collaborating with counterparts in other systems connected to MAO systems. Position requires significant involvement with and exposure to end users and business process owners, some of which are at an executive level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Member of OMS Team responsible for management of all aspects of MAO implementation projects.
2. Support Talbots Business Owners to ensure business process design and supporting MAO configuration is in line with Talbots strategy and industry best practices
3. Lead and supervise a team of MAO professionals, comprised of Talbots employees and external consultants, providing direction and monitoring progress on a daily basis. Ultimately accountable for the MOA functional work stream and adherence to milestones. Team deliverables include:
- Drive decision-making process with key stakeholders from business and IT to reduce complexity.
- Analyze and define business process flows & requirements to support application development, utilizing the Talbots methodology.
- Facilitation of validation sessions with business process owners to prototype proposed solutions.
- Resolution of issues based on priority and criticality, including those identified during unit / integration testing phases of project implementations. Escalate when appropriate.
- Working with users to define Reporting, Data Load and Custom Programming requests and communicating / coordinating requirements with Technical teams.
- Accountable for meeting project schedules. Advise the program manager of project status and problems of specific assignments.
- Manage project scope by ensuring all changes to the scope are documented and risk analysis is performed. Escalate any scope changes that add risk to the project.
4. Design, develop, configure and test functional solutions within MAO, based on business requirements.
5. Provide knowledge transfer of on the end-to-end configuration and functionality to internal external support teams on implemented solutions.
6. Provide Production Support to Talbots users. Evaluate vendors for off-shore opportunities to reduce IT service costs.
7. Proactively identify business improvement potential and convert this into project delivery
8. Remain current with the latest functionality being developed for current and future releases of Manhattan Active Omni software. Identify & recommend opportunities to apply enhancements at Talbots. Monitor gaps in the software and recommend improved functionality for future releases.
• Bachelor of Science degree required
• 10+ years of experience in leading large IT projects, including experience as a Team Lead for Order Management or ERP systems.
• Knowledgeable in the integration points between Order Management, Fulfilment and Invoicing.
• Proven experience with requirements gathering and process design.
• Manhattan Active Omni experience is a plus.
• Experience in working with virtual team setup.
• Demonstrated capability in handling large-scale projects.
• Customer orientation including willingness to achieve consensus to address problems and concerns.
• Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the business and IT.
• Be able to examine issues both strategically and analytically.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to learn new technology and stay abreast of current technical trends.
• Expected average travel is about 25% but can be more at times.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Lead
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US