Sales and Service Specialist
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee US
Job Number: 6045
Position Title: Sales & Svc Specialist Trainee
Talbots Customer Service Contact Center is actively hiring for Full-Time Sales & Service Representatives to join our team! The Talbots Contact Center is conveniently located in west Knoxville and offers a 40-hour work week (overtime available), a stable work schedule, monthly incentives, Health Benefits, 401K plan, 50% company discount, and a generous PTO package!
The Sales and Service Specialist is responsible for answering incoming phone calls from our customers regarding merchandise questions, orders, shipping status and other miscellaneous questions. The position is required to generate revenue and meet sales goals through using proper sales and service techniques. This position is responsible for enthusiastically engaging customers during their shopping experience, making a real connection with them while maintaining a professional and positive image to the customer.
- Responsible for answering a high volume of incoming calls. Enthusiastically communicates with Talbots customers via telephone or in writing via chat and email. Maintains a positive tone and demeanor throughout the call while building genuine and personal rapport with customers.
- Accountable for becoming proficient and remaining updated on all order entry systems and system tools for use during each customer call.
- Engages customers and keeps them excited about their shopping experience using a consultative approach to the sale.
- Uses all tools and resources available to resolve customer needs in one call.
- Employs sound judgment in the resolution of problems while upholding Talbots Customer Service standards. Offers solutions that meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
- Positively communicates to customers Talbots policy and procedure as appropriate.
- Protects customer information in accordance with established PCI requirements.
- Accountable for answering all customer questions accurately, completely and in a timely manner with a professional and positive demeanor.
- Accountable for acquiring and maintaining the most current features and benefits of merchandise in order to enhance the customers’ shopping experience by offering wardrobe options which will compliment her look.
- Proactively listens to customer to determine what additional merchandise may benefit her wardrobe and offers different options to her.
- Stays abreast of and ensures customers are informed of all sales promotions offered by the company.
- Successfully completes all continuing education on merchandise, procedures, and customer service skills.
- Consistently meet or exceed established metrics and Service Standards.
- Transfer/route customers to the proper department in a professional manner when necessary.
- Consistently in compliance with attendance and punctuality adherence.
- Complete any assigned miscellaneous and/or specialized duties and tasks required to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and achievement of center performance goals.
Knowledge / Experience / Education:
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma plus a minimum of 3 years of practical work in a customer service environment. Experience with PC based systems required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales and Service Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Knoxville, Tennessee US