Store Communication Specialist
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6005
Position Title: Store Communication Specialist
This is a key position on the Store Communication team focused on helping to communicate all company objectives and initiatives to stores and field leaders in an articulate and concise manner in order to maximize results. The Store Communication Specialist engages with cross-functional business partners across the organization to understand their initiatives and consolidates communications from all Corporate partners to ensure clarity, consistency, appropriate messaging, and timeliness of all information delivered to the Stores Organization. This role helps to establish and maintain the singular appropriate brand voice for all information delivered to stores and field management through a wide range of tactical communications – internal, newsletters, email and web. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, ambitious contributor, team player and thrives in a fast-paced supporting and fun environment.
- Possess excellent presentation & communication skills
- Offer creative ideas for inspirational and on-brand communication
- Active contributor to weekly store organization newsletters
- Contribute, edit, maintain content on Talbots Today content management system
- Contribute to Talbots Today SharePoint calendar for Retail and Outlet stores
- Work with cross functional business partners to support communication requests
- Prepare and post daily communication to individual stores via Talbots Store Email
- Maintain / monitor Talbots Today Resources / content / settings
- Support monthly Store Testing Program for Retail & Outlet stores
- Provide support to stores organization via Talbots Today Discussion Boards
- Create store surveys to support new initiatives
- Create and maintain select store distribution lists
- Attend department meetings and follow up on communication details to ensure accuracy and timing of communications
- Participate in planning quarterly Field Leader Meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a retail environment with exposure to both communications and operations
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to develop effective written communication
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities concurrently and proactively manage potential issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster and maintain professional, positive and collaborative working relationships
- Ability to rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with SharePoint, technical alternatives, and basic knowledge of emerging technologies including video editing, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Store Communication Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US