Manager, Application Development .Net
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 5985
Position Title: Mgr Application Development
Experienced and highly qualified the Manager of Applications Development will support critical business strategies by directing the development, implementation, and maintenance of custom business applications systems based on Microsoft .NET technologies. This role will coordinate the work surrounding custom in house developed applications and roadmap for reusable custom web services and micro service(s). This will be a hands on role and balancing participation in development activities in conjunction with management tasks will be required.
- Coach, manage and build a team to deliver quality customer developed applications aligned with business need.
- Day-to-day management of the developers working to enhance, build and support in house applications build on Microsoft.NET technologies.
- Collaborate with other teams to adopt new technologies and platforms, including strategic use of Azure PaaS and IaaS offerings.
- Responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software, including: the development methodologies, technologies (language, databases, and support tools), development and testing hardware/software environments, and management of the application development staff and project workload.
- Create the development project schedules, task and project completion time estimates, and manage the development team.
- Act as a change champion and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas and improvements
- Lead by example and excellence
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the business
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of broad based technology experience at least three years in a leadership role that includes leading teams through large custom applications development, .NET applications and service creation, road mapping, and full custom software lifecycle support.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and an ability to multi task to meet multiple deadlines in short time frames
- Ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Possess a great sense of urgency and accountability to drive results in the team
- Ability to communicate complex technical and analytical information in a clear and convincing manner to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong customer centered focus
The successful candidate shall possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- Builds Trust & Loyalty
- Builds Partnerships & Teams
- People Leadership
- Communicates with Impact & Candor
- Leverages Diversity & Ensures Inclusion
- Mentors, Coaches & Develops Others
- Drives Customer Focus
- Facilitates Innovation & Change
- Executes Operational Decisions
- Superior Management of Work
- Inspires Achievement of Results
- Displays Business & Financial Acumen
- Superior Time Management
This is a great time to join a growing team and make an impact, we are looking for someone that wants to:
- Join an organization that is a leader in its industry.
- Play a critical role in the IT transformation of an iconic brand
- Collaborate with a forward-thinking team of leaders who work together toward a common goal
- Join a culture of collegiality and respect
- Have a significant impact on the business through exceptional IT leadership
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Application Development .Net
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tampa, Florida US