Sr. Art Director Photography
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5893
Position Title: Sr Art Director-Photography
The Senior Art Director provides creative expertise and inspiration for design and production for photography projects. This position is responsible for conceptualization, direction and execution of the creative production photo shoots for print, collateral pieces and web. This position ensures that goals and objectives are met on time and within budget.
- Develops and executes creative concepts for projects ensuring direction is aligned with the Talbots brand.
- Art directs photography shoots.
- Meets budget and schedule parameters.
- Develops photography style guides for Photo crews and in house Visual team.
- Prepares hindsight seasonal mockups, comps and materials for presentation.
- Satisfy creative aspirations while creating a Talbots printed piece that sells branding within the parameters of photography style, type design, copy direction and merchandising.
- Fulfill the selling and design objectives by understanding the Talbots customer, image and position in the marketplace relative to other retail and fashion entities.
- Collaboration between creative teams, including web, retail and print.
- Collaborate with copywriters and Design team on seasonal concepts.
- Present new photographers, hair and make-up, stylist, and models to Creative Team.
- Coordinate and direct the photo shoots with Photo Production team.
- Edit, select and size all photographs and present film to Creative Team.
- Create a swipe library.
- Collaborate with Creative Team on presentations for seasonal photography shoots.
- Ability to travel on photo shoots
- College degree
- 8+ years retail experience Photo Art Direction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Strong graphic design software skills: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Proficient in MAC environments.
- Knowledge of printing techniques and production.
- Travel on all photo shoots as necessary
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Art Director Photography
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US