Senior IT Operator - Night Shift
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 5727
Position Title: Sr IT Operator
The Senior IT Operator participates in IT Operations shift activities to ensure all service levels are met; this includes monitoring of IT services, systems and batch processing cycles and working on open issues to determine root cause, bring closure, and communicate outcomes to IT and the business.
They also will provide training to IT Operators and creates Standard Operating Procedures for the Operations team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executes and monitors batch and online systems in multi-platform environment, including critical backups. Assists in first and second level event resolution and escalates problems as required
- Must master multiple batch scheduling solutions on both open systems and the mainframe
- Works with a minimal amount of direct supervision and should be able to make proper decisions in all facets of IT Operations utilizing standard operating procedures
- Monitors systems at all locations and responds to issues based on standard operating procedures
- Must be capable of managing communications with IT and business stakeholders around critical issues
- Provide technical assistance to all users utilizing documented procedures. Answer questions and resolve problems over the phone, providing instruction through verbal communication and remote access
- Assist in resolving issues related to system hardware and software. Refer and escalate calls as necessary
- Monitors LAN/WAN and Server availability. Assists in first and second level event resolution and escalates problems as required
- Maintains current knowledge of operating procedures and standards
- Safeguards security of equipment and data files
- Review and follow-up on all open calls, ensuring they are closed within company defined SLA’s
- Assists in continuous effort to improve IT Operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Maintains Control Room/Server Room cleanliness, safety, and security
- Follow the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values & Principles (MVVP)
- Performs other duties as required by IT management
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of information systems at a level normally acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-4 years of experience in IT Operations or Infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise class batch scheduling systems is required
- Telecommunications and POS systems experience is a plus
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
Schedule: Sunday-Wednesday 7:30PM-8:00AM
Community / Marketing Title: Senior IT Operator - Night Shift
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tampa, Florida US