Summer Intern - Accounting
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5654
Position Title: Intern
The Accounting Intern will be exposed to several functional areas to learn how the accounting groups interface in a mutl-tiered retailed company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data entry within Accounts payable and Fixed Asset subledgers
- Journal entry collating and prepare for papervision
- Maintenance of monthly Journal entry log and reconciliation to GL
- Reconcile and upload FA additions to subledger
- Preparation of certain balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in lease implementation project
- Assist in preparation of license fee filings
- Assist in preparation of annual census filings
- Develop analysis through use of spreadsheets
- Ad hoc projects
- Currently enrolled and working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Accounting/Finance Major preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Summer Intern - Accounting
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US