Store Procurement & Systems Specialist
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5576
Position Title: Store Systems Specialist
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support and service for the IT Store Systems Team by managing and completing operational and basic technical support for Point of Sale store requests and /or projects. This includes new stores, relocations, expansions, renovations, and store closings. Disseminate relevant Store data to internal departments and external vendors to ensure POS requests and/or projects are completed successfully and on time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with new store openings, closings and relocations as it relates to procurement and provisioning of all POS Depot items
- Communicate and coordinate equipment orders and scheduling with Vendors in order to meet Store Project timetables
- Recommend and communicate Depot Application Program Changes when applicable
- Assist with specific IT Store POS Projects as required (e.g. Phones, Handhelds, Ticket Printer Deployment)
- Work with the IT Technical Team to ensure that new store equipment is tested and functioning accurately. Ensure tested equipment and relevant information is disseminated to Stores in timely fashion.
- Work with Stores and Vendors regarding RMA of damaged equipment when applicable
- Pack and ship new store supply boxes with store specific information, manuals, and equipment; and, track vendor shipments to new stores.
- Inventory all new store POS equipment and enter serial numbers and applicable information into the Asset Tracking Program.
- Update POS Tracking Spreadsheet with relevant information for financial reconciliation.
- Inventory and order POS supplies and equipment for the respective POS Depot sites.
- Organize and streamline POS staging area and equipment for effective use.
- Run Daily and/or Monthly Job Reports as required (e.g. Financials, Store Equipment, Projects)
- Adhere to established Corporate and IT Department Procurement policies and procedures for the acquisition of IT POS equipment and supplies.
- Negotiate with vendors for cost effective acquisitions, competitive pricing, bulk purchase, warranty coverage, and other needed services.
- Collaborate with Finance Department and Accounts Payable regarding Invoice reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a technical support environment
- Strong knowledge of IT hardware (POS), IT suppliers/vendors, and IT industry trends required
- Experience with vendor relationships / interaction, procurement and asset management preferred
- General procurement and/or financial experience required
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Procurement Systems preferred
- May involve lifting of equipment, travel, and off-hour work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and possesses ability to work independently
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail / detail oriented
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid change in order to meet business needs
- Possess solid analytic, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Ability to conduct and participate in the evaluation of IT products and services as required
- Vendor negotiation / diplomacy skills
Community / Marketing Title: Store Procurement & Systems Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US