Manager, Paid Search
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5337
Position Title: Mgr Paid Search
Lead the strategic development, planning, and execution of online marketing channels including paid search and product feed based programs. Manage and develop a team of search engine marketing subject matter experts. This position provides an excellent opportunity to help grow and expand Talbots’ digital footprint and reach, driving both revenue and awareness of the brand. With profit and loss responsibility for multiple paid channels, this person should have a strong analytical background, high attention to detail, and an ability to multitask.
- Oversee growth and direction of paid search and product feed programs
- Plan and execute paid search and product feed strategies, developing roadmaps while leveraging resources to implement and execute on a day-to-day basis
- Manage relationships with representatives from the major search engines and third-party vendors
- Lead paid search management and program evolution through strategy development, bid management, account architecture and daily tracking/monitoring
- Monitor results of paid search tests to optimize performance across engines and campaigns
- Work closely with respective account teams and search engines to achieve objectives across all online programs
- Optimize performance of product feed driven programs such as Google Product Listing ads and other comparison-shopping networks
- Monitor day-to-day financial results. Compile and document campaign analysis, performance reports and measure ROI. Forecast budget projections and campaign results.
- Present findings to the marketing team using analytics tools such as Google AdWords & Adobe Analytics
- Manage and develop a team of search engine marketing subject matter experts to drive incremental program growth through delegating those responsibilities that otherwise could not be addressed as an individual contributor
- Work closely with SEO, affiliate, paid social, display and email program owners on cross-channel marketing efforts
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Merchandising, Ecommerce, Information Technology and Catalog Circulation
- Stay current with industry developments
- Perform ad hoc reporting as necessary
- BS or BA Degree required; preferably in Economics, Business, Marketing or a related field.
- 4-6 years experience in Search Engine Marketing managing paid campaigns and product listing ads.
- Proven SEM experiences and success creating, managing & optimizing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo & Bing.
- Strong product feed experience, managing product listing ads across Google, bing, Yahoo, and Ebay. Amazon experience is a plus.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics, double click or Google Analytics.
- Skill in setting up, managing and optimizing campaigns using 3rd party Ad Serving (Kenshoo, DS3, etc.) a plus.
- Strong computer skills (Proficiency in Excel is required).
- Experience working with, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- High attention to detail and superior time management.
- Ability to recruit and manage a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent communications skills, particularly written.
- Prior retail experience a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Paid Search
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US