Assistant Technical Designer, Bottoms
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 5196
Position Title: Asst Technical Designer
Assist technical team in preparing fit sessions, data entry, and supporting technical design work in pants, shorts, and denim departments. Position requires initiative to collaborate with other teams and build effective working relationships. Ensure assignments and daily tasks are followed through to completion.
- Assist with fittings and preparing fit comments, including measuring samples, sketching (flat technical sketches with detail) and analyzing garment construction.
- Assist with scheduling, taking fit notes, coordinating samples, etc.
- Measure all fit samples through all stages against required specifications. Identifies discrepancies and problems and brings to the attention of the Technical Designer. May assist with resolution.
- Maintain and update all technical files and status charts in computer files and systems, and assist in handling daily communication, domestic and overseas.
- Sample tracking and shipping.
- 2 year Fashion degree and/or 2 years of experience with a manufacturer or production department
- Technical Design degree preferred
- Knowledge of measuring and flat sketching
- Knowledge of pattern making a plus
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment with deadlines
- Quality computer skills with ability to learn quickly.
- Build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions – must be a team player
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Technical Designer, Bottoms
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US