Data Scientist, Analytics
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5195
Position Title: Data Scientist
- You LOVE data
- Challenging problems get you pumped
- You like having smart awesome team members
- Our leadership is data-driven
- The vision is omni-channel and device agnostic
- Talbots’s appetite for cutting-edge analytics is strong and so are the investments, which include you!
The Data Scientist, Analytics will lead the quantitative analysis of customer behavior to inform company decisions. This position will own the development of advanced statistical models and immersion of analytics into day-to-day marketing operations as well as deriving customer insights to inform decisions across all business areas. In this role, you will also be responsible for leading the continued technical advancement on the analytics team. A successful candidate is self-motivated, intellectually curious, and possess a strong quantitative background in both statistics and computer science.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leverage your expertise in analytics to enhance existing advanced statistical models for customer segmentation, including P(CLV), attrition, lifestyle, and price sensitivity.
- Develop a process with standards to deploy, maintain, monitor, and (if needed) update predictive models. Execute this process for all customer segmentation models.
- Proactively identify actionable customer insights derived from quantitative analysis to inform omni-channel customer retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies.
- Leverage your expertise in coding and computer science to optimize, disseminate, and automate the data flow of segmented marketing campaigns in print circulation, e-mail, online marketing, and customer loyalty.
- Compile and mine un/structured data from a variety of disparate data repositories and identify the best analytical approach to deliver customer insights that will drive decisions across all business areas.
- Create/enhance and automate reporting. This includes creatively leveraging existing toolsets and if applicable, identifying a new tool(s) to stand up.
- Be the subject matter expertise (SME) for accurate test design and evaluation, including sampling techniques and determining statistical significance.
- Be diligent about data validation to ensure accuracy and consistency. Become an expert in the data sources and data definitions throughout the business.
- Be the SME for advanced coding techniques, code optimization, system computational optimization, system integration, and automation.
- Be the SME for statistical modeling techniques and analytical methodologies.
- Assist in the evaluation of tools, technologies, vendors, and cloud solutions that can support the business strategies and goals.
- Bachelors degree in applied math, statistics, engineering, economics, computer science (or similar) or 6+ years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Expert with a major query language such as SQL or equivalent.
- Expert with data wrangling tools and techniques such as imputation or fuzzy matching.
- Experience optimizing code for database computational efficiencies such as partitioning or indexing.
- Experience with automation tools for process efficiencies.
- Experience with ETL/ELT-ing, querying, and modeling data.
- Experience with big data cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Expert with statistical language such as SAS, R, Python, or equivalent.
- Expert with statistical significance techniques such as t-test or ANOVA.
- Expert with statistical techniques such as multiple (non)linear regression, survival analysis, PCA, clustering, decision trees, event based modeling, or others.
- Experience with advanced techniques in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or deep learning.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new skills and techniques.
- Strong technical and data transformation skills.
- Strong people mentorship skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive deadlines.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist, Analytics
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US