Senior Financial Analyst/ Financial Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5182
Position Title: Sr Financial Analyst
This position is responsible for building relationships with and supporting key corporate leaders and supporting their respective functions from a financial perspective. This includes assisting in the annual and seasonal Financial Planning processes for the designated areas, maintaining a rolling forecast based on current business trends, supporting the monthly close process and providing timely and actionable reporting. The analyst is expected to provide ad hoc analysis as business trends dictate and support key operating initiatives.
- Partners with business leaders and FP&A leadership to execute the annual budget process and manage forecast update processes.
- Maintain effective business partnerships to gain insight into business trends and strategic initiatives that impact financial forecasts
- Communicate with the business proactively, clearly and timely. Identifies areas for support to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Monitor operational business spending. Identify and recommend new procedures and/or methodologies to improve productivity, control and profitability.
- Maintains key metrics. Conducts detailed analysis of metrics to create shared understanding between key business partners and to influence positive change.
- Formulates cost benefit analysis for significant expense and capital investments, providing appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with finance team to share knowledge and drive overall team performance.
- Support month end close process and variance analysis for respective areas. Proactively identify risks and opportunities based on understanding of key performance metrics and trends in the business.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed to understand business trends.
- MBA preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from an accredited four year college, acceptable
- 2-7 years progressive experience in a Retail Company in the Finance, FP&A or Planning organization
- Advance experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and data warehouse / database applications. Oracle / Hyperion experience preferred.
- Fluent in the creation and maintenance of Financial modeling through Excel
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to work independently or to collaborate across functions to deliver required business results
- Ability to be persuasive with details, facts and supporting data.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers, across departments and use those relationships to execute and influence business strategy
- Quick learner with superior time management, project management and problem solving skills.
- Data and detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for presenting information and responding to questions from internal and external parties
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage commitments to completion within desired timeframe to meet deadlines
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst/ Financial Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US