Art Director, Photo Studio
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5122
Position Title: Art Director-Web Thumbnails
Responsible for art directing the web product shots from hard to soft goods as well as on-figure to ensure the features and benefits of each item are being highlighted while staying true to the Talbots brand.
This position ensures that goals and deadlines are met on time and within budget.
Art directs photography shoots specifically for web-based images.
- Edit, select and provide retouching notes to the retouching team.
- Work with Creative Director to assemble a team of photographers, models, stylists, hair and make up artists.
- Coordinate and supervise the photo shoots.
- Ability to multi task- simultaneously oversee several shooting bays.
- Develop and maintain photography and Hair Make up style guides for freelance artists.
- Proactively manage time, resources and productivity.
- Stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape.
This position impacts the sales results for the web site. This position also impacts the effectiveness of the shoot production.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal –Digital and Catalog Assoc. Creative Directors , Digital and Catalog Art Directors, Visual Merchandising, Project mangers, Producers, Art Buyers, Merchants and E-commerce Marketing.
External – all freelance shoot personnel (photographer, assistants, stylist, digital techs and retouchers)
Number of Direct Reports and Titles
- College degree and four years of experience in art direction.
- Experience in fashion retail, preferably on-line.
- Photo Art Direction in a fast paced environment.
- Able to handle a high volume of images while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Capture One, Illustrator, Photoshop and Scene 7.
- Proficient in MAC environments
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and manage time.
- Must be detailed orientated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director, Photo Studio
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US