Payroll Accounting Analyst II - Temporary
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5111
Position Title: Accounting Analyst II
This position is responsible for the timely, accurate preparation of the weekly payroll, utilizing an automated Payroll/Human Resources system. Provides guidance to Payroll Accountant I. Under the general supervision and review of the Payroll Manager.
- Generate and review reports related to New Hires, Rehires, Job Changes, Transfers and Terminations taking appropriate actions as needed. Ensures that all payroll required data is in the Payroll/HCM system.
- Run system integrations to update hours/earnings to be paid to associates. Run various reports to ensure all time is approved and available for processing. Validates time data to ensure accuracy. Contacts supervisors and/or associates as necessary.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of the weekly and bi-weekly payroll and balances output to ensure the proper processing of transactions. Run integrations to load and validate adjusted hours, recurring or special payments. Run payroll calculations and reports to verify accuracy of system output. Researches and resolves errors as necessary.
- Ensures that employee tax records are correct based on the associates work location and residency.
- Works closely with Human Resource and Benefits/Absence Partners to ensure the timely and accurate processing of documentation affecting associates’ pay to ensure that under and over payments do not occur.
- Prepare and Calculate on-demand checks as needed. Ensure proper and timely distribution of all checks.
- Provides maintenance and security of the payroll records.
- Responds to inquiries from HR Service tickets and takes appropriate action to answer and resolve all questions and issues. Ensures a high level of customer service.
- Utilizes the Workday Payroll/HCM and Time Tracking Systems to research and resolve problems with associates’ payroll records and to ensure their accuracy for year-end processing.
- Review ACH return notices and ensures appropriate action taken to resolve issues including stop payments, direct deposit and check re-issues.
- Updates various control logs.
- Processing of various company incentives to ensure proper tax reporting and FLSA compliance.
- Maintain various Payroll system calendars used for processing pay.
- Assist with the testing of system upgrades.
- Assist Manager with relocation updates in payroll system.
- Prepare various reconciliations to general ledger.
- Related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or knowledge and experience acquired through two to five years of payroll work experience, preferably in a large multi-state retail environment. Experience using packaged payroll software, preferably Workday HCM. Functional knowledge of withholding tax requirements, including multiple localities a plus. Excellent customer service skill with strong follow through. PC skills with a good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Accounting Analyst II - Temporary
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US