Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5103
Position Title: Quality Control Inspector
QC Inspector is responsible for conducting statistical sampling audits on inbound shipments to assure product is fit for purpose and conforms to Talbot’s specifications and quality standards. Inspector is responsible for detecting defects and/or other problems, properly labeling and classifying rejects, and segregating the items that fail to meet requirements. Inspector will notify supervisor or other responsible party for review of rejects and to determine final shipment disposition. The inspector has a strong attention to detail with a complete understanding of product inspection procedures.
- Perform product inspections on inbound merchandise to assure compliance with Talbots quality standards and represents Talbot customer quality expectations.
- Compare incoming product to the approved production samples (TOP) assuring all components and construction details match the approval sample. Responsible to identify any discrepancies.
- Product inspections will be visually checked for defects and commercial acceptability. Inspector will consistently conduct product inspections with knowledge of inspection techniques to key attributes and requirements:
- Garment quality; fabric, construction and functionality
- Garment measurements specifications
- Vendor Guide compliance
- Inspector is responsible for detecting defects and/or other problems, properly labeling and classifying rejects and accurately segregating the items that fail to meet requirements.
- Perform measurement audits comparing actual measurement to Talbots technical specifications; log and report key measurements. Properly identify measurements outside of tolerance or other discrepancies. Determine acceptability of lot based on measurement audit parameters.
- Report accurate inspection results through entry into the QA system and Excel spreadsheets.
- Present product failures and non-compliances for review with management to determine final disposition of shipment.
- Assist in initiating the vendor non-compliance merchandise report and select representative defects to be sent to agent/vendor to substantiate the claim of non-compliant issues.
- Provide accurate information for recording and tracking vendor performance and Talbots outgoing quality levels
- Assist in communicating inspection guidelines to 3rd party pre-processors and occasionally support inspection/re-processing activities off-site.
- Conduct 100% inspections adhering to the established reject/accept criteria.
- Conduct inventory spot quality check and/or investigate specific store quality complaints and issues raised. Assist in determining problem and issues.
- Attend department meetings and openly participate in discussions regarding operational procedures and quality updates.
- Comply with department and company standards, policies and procedures.
- Cross train and support DC functions as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years product inspection experience required; or equivalent in depth understanding of garment manufacturing and construction
- Prior receiving experience preferred
- Ability to make good judgment regarding product quality
- Ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences.
- Must have high attention to detail skill
- Possesses a high level of dexterity; ability to move hands with skill and coordination
- Basic computer skills required, TPX (MIDAS) experience preferred
- Strong productivity mindset, must work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated English fluency
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Ability to push, squat, bend and reach overhead on an occasional basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work flexible days M-F and occasional Saturdays during peak rushes
Community / Marketing Title: QA Inspector
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US