Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5020
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Provide diverse and advanced administrative support to Senior Vice President to assure the smooth, efficient and professional operation of the office. Utilize thorough knowledge of the business and organization to assist President by relieving him/her of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Prioritize and accomplish duties independently. Handle confidential and difficult situations effectively. Provide assistance to Vice Presidents and Directors, as necessary. Perform office management responsibilities. Provide significant reporting support to the President which involves the design, development, analysis and maintenance of information.
Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the President on a wide variety of business issues. Prepare advanced correspondence and reports for internal and external audiences. Prepare material in final form from rough and involved drafts which may combine materials from several sources. Plans layout of complex reports.
- Manage President’s schedule. Coordinate and schedule daily activities. Prepare and secure necessary information to support meetings, projects, requests. Create various reports for use in Staff Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, etc. Coordinate meetings by preparing and distributing materials, handling logistics, etc.
- Manage office in President’s absence. Assure smooth operation of office in his/her absence, anticipate and resolve problems, re-assign meetings and activities, etc. Forward pertinent information, when appropriate. Facilitates decision-making.
- Work independently and as part of a team, in the completion of projects required by the President which may often be confidential in nature (e.g., financial reports, budgets, salary and personnel transactions, performance appraisals, etc.). Determine and accomplish tasks necessary to meet project goals.
- Compile and manage reports and figures for President. Gather data and update reports and spreadsheets. Generate and review reports, raising issues and discrepancies to appropriate personnel. Utilize various software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents. Provide data to other areas in the company such as Payroll, Finance, HR. Assure reporting is accurate and timely.
- Manage phone calls, inquiries and correspondence from vendors, customers, etc. Anticipate and resolve problems when necessary to maintain and establish good business relations.
- Maintain files and follow-up system for department correspondence. Receive and review mail and distribute as necessary. Determine recipient/importance/ confidentiality. Answers inquiries on own initiative, when appropriate. Follows up with other departments to ensure requests are carried out.
- Act as subject matter expert and resource for President, for assigned areas such as, financials, budgets, stock awards, projections, plans, etc.
- Manage assigned database systems to support workload.
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel and any special activities for the President.
- Act as liaison to other Executives and associates, providing information as required on business and confidential matters.
Internal and External Relationships:
- COO, CFO, Executives
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of previous office experience
- Experience and understanding of finance and budgetary disciplines is required.
- Experience working with a PC and office software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong keyboard, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to reply on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Broad understanding of company policies and practices.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US