Operations Technical Specialist
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5013
Position Title: Operations Technical Specialist
The Operations Technical Specialist provides continuous process improvement as it relates to IT Operations. Act as a technical liaison between IT Operations and all internal customers. Provide technical expertise on all Operations tools to enable Talbots to derive the best possible value from them.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with internal IT and cross-functional partners, create and maintain operational procedures and policies that enable the Operations team to complete processing and resolve issues with as little outside intervention as possible.
- Attend meetings with IT Development and Support teams to review issues, as well as plan upgrades, enhancements, and testing of the business systems applications and the data center infrastructure as related to IT Operations.
- Maintain and configure IT tools such as the Service Management & ticketing system and monitoring tools.
- Be the subject matter expert on IT tools providing guidance and training to other members of IT on their use.
- Ensure IT Operations team receives training on systems and processes to support the company’s business.
- Supports all IT Managers and Directors by being responsible for the creation of relevant metrics across all IT teams via automated and manual efforts and assisting in the creation of reports appropriate for delivery to senior IT management.
- Assists in the continuous effort to improve the IT Operations function, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Stays up to date with current knowledge of operating procedures and standards
- Safeguards security of equipment and data files
- Follows the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values & Principles (MVVP)
- Additional project work as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience in the IT industry at a level normally acquired through the completion of an Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- IT Operations experience desirable
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master the administration and configuration of commercially available ITSM tools
- Advanced skills using Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) highly desirable
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Technical Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US