Customs Compliance Specialist
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4963
Position Title: Customs Compliance Specialist
Ensure the integrity of the Company’s import and export transactions activity & CTPAT with government regulatory agencies in the United States and abroad through post entry validation. Provide data verification for all imported and exported items, primarily apparel, footwear and accessories, and follow up activities to enforce established best practice policy and procedure for Customs & Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT), Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other related programs. This position provides general customs compliance support and back up for Export & Drawback activity.
- Examine post or pre entry filings to ensure regulatory compliance and integrity on Talbots export/import activity. Monitor successful execution of terms and conditions of participatory trade agreements. Lead automated Customs entry audits via the Entry Verification Module.
- Audit US Customs entries to preserve Talbots’ high level of compliance standards. Maintain and validate recordkeeping requirements in accordance with established procedures and legal guidance. Review for data integrity to ensure 100% compliance to avoid fines and penalties.
- Manage Post Summary Corrections, Customs PMS Duty Statement, Customs Broker Invoice Statements, and the ISF Scorecard.
- Participate with New Factory On-Boarding Program. Charged with scheduling CTPAT security audits and issuing/monitoring Corrective Action Plans.
- Provide Export & Drawback support and ensure the new TFTEA standards are implemented at Talbots via the Drawback Module.
- This position touches various group members of Talbots’ internal and external Global Supply Chain. Candidate will be responsible for verification of accurate duty payments and information necessary to conduct legitimate trade practices free of penalties and fines associated with US Customs recordkeeping requirements.
- This position impacts the security of imported cargo and is responsible for critical decisions to reduce risk of disruption with product flow and prevent penalties. Monitor and follow up on CAP’s to ensure factory progress.
Certified Customs Specialist Certification or Associate degree in International Business/Supply Chain or working knowledge of US Customs Import/Export Regulations is desirable. 3+ years in Customs Brokerage, Import/Export or entry writing experience, etc. preferred. Experience with PC based systems (Microsoft Office) required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Be of high ethical and moral character and consistently reliable in attendance. Candidate must be a self starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate cross functionally. Must evidence strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Community / Marketing Title: Customs Compliance Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US