End User Services Technician
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4941
Position Title: End User Services Technician
The End User Services Technician supports and maintains all desktop software and hardware including Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Meet approved service level agreements for system availability, perform software upgrades, maintain current patch levels on all desktop software, and deploy/inventory new hardware.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deployment and support of desktop and mobile hardware including: laptops, desktops, Apple, and Android devices. Must be knowledgeable in the latest hardware technologies and system architectures.
- Provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 support for Corporate and remote users. Maintain all desktop operating systems and all business software applications in the corporate and store environments. This includes, but is not limited to, desktop patching, problem resolution, hardware/software inventory, and relocation of hardware, software installations, and virus definitions updates.
- C Level support as needed
- Responsible for Operating System deployment using a combination of desktop imaging products and SCCM. Must be familiar with sysprep, PXE boot and other command line utilities.
- Develop and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Assist with office moves and equipment changes as required.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are implemented and enforced based on internal policies and procedures (patch management, configuration, hardening, etc.).
- Ability to meet project deliverables and communicate any unscheduled changes.
- Safeguards security of equipment and data files
- Follows the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values and Principles (MVVP)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of information systems at a level normally acquired through the completion of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- 5 years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office
- Experience with current operating systems on all platforms
- Knowledge of OS deployment and virtualization technologies
- Keen problem solving skills, ability to deal with complex situations and recommend a technical solution
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must possess the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn new technology and stay well-informed of current technical trends.
Community / Marketing Title: End User Services Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US