Systems Analyst Finance & HR Systems
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4925
Position Title: Sr Programmer Analyst
The Systems Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to support Talbots Oracle Financials System, which is Oracle’s EBS on premise solution. A significant portion of this position will define technical solutions for EBS r12. These solutions often are complex and cross multiple areas of the company. This person will work closely with IT Management, the Business Relationship Manager (BRM), Business Analyst and the business community to understand business requirements for technical solution implementations. The systems analyst will also play an active role in the identification and creation of all necessary documentation as defined by the standard Systems Development Methodology (SDM) process. Acts in a leadership capacity on projects assigned and will be responsible for ensuring management is current on project status and milestone deliverables. Secondarily, will help in the project prioritization and tracking for HR systems working with HRIS management to meet the needs of the HR community. Works closely with Workday developers to assist in project governance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
The primary accountability is to translate finance business requirements into system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements. Ensure that new or existing systems meet business requirements and practices and that all application interface issues/concerns are understood, documented and addressed satisfactorily
- A deep technical knowledge of Oracle EBS is required as you will be the go to person for this system and all ancillary products
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time across both Finance and HR systems
- Develop well-structured, easily maintained program code. Prepares documentation of developed programs and processes
- Follow all established policies and procedures within the IT and corporate environment. This will include published security standards and coding techniques as well as the documented IT strategy
- For assigned projects, responsible for managing all aspects of the SDM including but not limited to status updates, definition and tracking of project milestones, system design, and tracking of financial deliverables including capital labor
- Actively participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for software purchases, evaluating the results and providing recommendations to upper management and the business
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Follow the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values & Principles (MVVP)
- Prepares estimates for complex projects to provide management with information needed to accurately forecast project delivery dates
- Assist project team with unit testing. Develop system test plans and perform full system testing prior to implementation
- Provide production support to existing systems
- Assist in the mentoring and training and development of others
- Works with the BRM and the business to understand business processes
Internal and External Relationships:
- Work with the BRM, Business Systems Manager (BSM), HRIS Management and stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new functional requests/projects
- Work with all levels of IT and business where appropriate
- Finance system vendors for software support where any experience with Trintech, Papervision, Unclaimed property, Sales tax, Tax reporting systems etc. is a benefit
- Basic knowledge of HR vendors and integrations for ACA compliance, medical, dental, vision, payroll taxes, Cobra, 401k etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years’ experience defining, designing and implementing major applications
- 6-8 years of programming experience
- Certification in project management is preferred
- Understanding of HR integrations and ability to lead projects in that realm. Coding HR solutions is not a requirement however any experience with Workday integration tools/methodology is a plus for this position
- Strong knowledge of on premise and SaaS architectures
- Strong hands-on person who can help drive technical development projects
- Must have experience with Oracle EBS R12 in a techno-functional role, with Oracle Financials modules (AP, GL, Purchasing, iExpense, iProcurement, Assets, Cash, and Hyperion preferred)
- Ensure that the requirements for business systems projects and change requests are well understood, documented, developed, tested and maintained
- Design/Review of Oracle Applications interfaces, custom reporting, and custom applications.
- Design/Development of Forms, Packages, Interfaces etc.
- Troubleshooting issues within reports and front-end application (Oracle EBS)
- Experience in Forms/Reports/workflow
- Knowledge of Oracle Transport Agent (XML Gateway)
- Preferred knowledge of JDeveloper and Oracle’s XSL templates
- Proficient in PL/SQL, Perl and KSH scripting
- Knowledge of Biztalk is preferred but not required
- As needed, Oracle TAR documentation and information Requirements.
- Knowledge in Oracle database schemas and the use of Oracle standard APIs
- Work with the DBA's to migrate the changes to the test instances and test the changes
- Support System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test
- Should be familiar with SDM templates and methodology
- Accepting of an on call rotation
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Analyst Finance & HR Systems
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US