Visual Associate (Temp) - Corporate Office
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4758
Position Title: Visual Associate
The Visual Associate will collaborate with the Director and Manager of Visual Merchandising and Senior Store Management to develop and execute presentations consistent with the Brand and aligned with the Seasonal message. The Visual Associate will be responsible for assisting the Manager Visual Merchandising in developing presentation for their assigned areas of the business, so that they can develop strong standards and techniques that are applicable to that level of the business. This position impacts the creative perception of brand and sales results and the effectiveness to drive traffic to the brand
- Develop new concepts for visual merchandising based on seasonal fashion trends and work with the Director and Manager Visual Merchandising to develop and evolve concepts for visual presentation and visual display.
- Set an example of excitement, enthusiasm and knowledge toward Talbot’s product and demonstrate a clear understanding of Talbots image.
- Work with merchandise samples, prior to delivery to stores, to develop concepts for store merchandise presentation.
- Develop semi-monthly formats for floor-sets, merchandising techniques, fixture presentation and placement.
- Develop additional methods for disseminating merchandising information to stores on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the flow of product information to the field by contributing to "Talbots Tips" and Visual Bulletins.
- Work with the Visual Managers to develop viable merchandising techniques for new Talbot’s concepts and business.
- Identify sales opportunities; develop methodologies to maximize sales based on analysis of sell-through.
- Develop formats to communicate merchandising and display direction for each specialized area or business (as assigned).
- Work with Manager to develop changes or additions to visual presentation standards through Visual Publications.
- Direct merchandise set-up and visual display at new store openings.
- Provide input, on an ongoing basis, to broaden assortment and usage of visual props in visual display. Research and find new resources and methods to improve visual presentation.
- Target needs for furniture, props, etc., in the field and make recommendations to Visual leaders for furniture and props, and fixtures.
- College degree in a related field
- 3-5 years equivalent related experience
- Previous experience in store management with an emphasis on visual presentation and display.
- Knowledge of fashion and fashion trends, creative ability and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective job performance and provide maximum output.
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Requires the ability to teach, train and develop positions with direct reporting structure.
- Travel to the field when appropriate.
Community / Marketing Title: Visual Associate (Temp) - Corporate Office
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US