Associate Manager Sourcing/Product Development/Production for Handbags
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 4743
Position Title: Sourcing Associate
Provide daily support to the Manager in all aspects of the Product Life Cycle from Concept to Delivery, in addition to developing their respective skill sets to reinforce the department. Reporting to the Manager/Senior Manager, Sourcing the Sourcing Associate is responsible for supporting the Sourcing strategy for product categories and facilitating interaction between key cross functional partners and agents to deliver on brand product aesthetic, quality and margin objectives.
- Support Manager and Sourcing team with all aspects of the running the business; including cost negotiation, quality, compliance, product, relationship management, and communication.
- Oversee required data entry and issuance of purchase order process per Talbots calendar deadline for product categories, ensuring on-time, accuracy, and accurate maintenance.
- Create, manage, and analyze department reporting functions, including:
- Time-action reports to drive calendar adherence to commit, cut and in-house dates
- Weekly WIP report tracking and team meetings
- Track exception reporting
- Select entity costing for weekly IMU roll
- Act as key partner to Distribution Center and Allocation when quality issues arise.
- Ability to problem solve, seek and drive viable solutions.
- Actively participate in weekly cross-functional meetings.
- Manage daily email communication to agents and cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years applicable experience
- Handbag and leather product development and sourcing industry experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel an Word skills required
- Systems experience preferred
- Customer service focused
- Results oriented
- Strong organizational skills, multiple task, and deadline oriented
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Effective problem solving skills
- Culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager Sourcing/Product Development/Production for Handbags
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US