Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4704
Position Title: Facilities II
SCHEDULED HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00PM - 10:30PM
Basic Purpose: Responsible for providing building maintenance, grounds keeping and support services for the Lakeville facility.
- Provide general facilities functions to support the day-to-day operations consistent with a distribution center. Tasks include moving, erecting and dismantling furniture and components, minor carpentry repairs and installations, trash removal, handling of recycling materials, painting, etc. Pick up and delivery of records retention cartons, waste hampers, and supplies.
- Completes building maintenance and facilities work to include, but not limited to, handling bulletin boards, presentation grids, keyboard trays, and pictures. Other tasks include changing lamps, setting up and dismantling conference room furniture and cafeteria seating, minor mechanical and plumbing repairs as well as other miscellaneous maintenance work that may develop.
- Provide snow and ice control as required, shoveling, running snow blower/brushes, and spreading ice melt. The candidate must report early to work and/or stay until associates leave, as the situation requires.
- Provides exterior and landscaping service to include trash pick up, sweeping, painting of fences, tables and building trim. Installation of signage, snow stakes and fencing if required.
- Completes and/or assists others in the completion of additional work that develops from time to time. Use company vehicle(s) to pick up or deliver materials & equipment locally.
- Assist with emergency situations as directed, which may include power outages, fire alarms, etc.
- Comply with all company safety rules and regulations. Correct unsafe rules and regulations. Correct unsafe conditions promptly or seek assistance and/or direction in the elimination of safety hazards. Bring all conditions that pose a safety hazard to the attention of the department supervisor.
- Fill in custodial work when required including cleaning and stocking restrooms and pantries. General vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, window washing, etc.
Internal and External Relationships:
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- High School diploma
- 3-6 months experience
- Ability to read and write
- Knowledge and experience consistent with maintenance and trade-based work at a level normally acquired through a related vocational course.
- Work with hands and power tools
- Work from ladders
- Operate snow blowers, power brushes, and gator vehicles.
- This is designated a safety-sensitive position and requires pre-employment and periodic drug/vision testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities II
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US