Regional Vice President
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 4522
Position Title: Regional Vice President
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Regional Vice President (RVP) leads a regional team in creating a hospitable environment for store associates and customers alike. The RVP is responsible for attracting and building a high-performance team while identifying and leading key priorities necessary to drive the business forward. The RVP is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and building enduring relationships both internally and externally.
• Drives and influences the vision and strategy behind key company and regional initiatives to ensure consistency across the region relating to the brand, selling culture and customer experience.
• Embodies the leadership and interpersonal savvy needed to build and lead high-performing teams.
• Is customer-centric and understands how an exceptional team focused on service contributes to growing store sales.
• Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships at all levels and across all business units within the organization, particularly among peer group.
• Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for stores, districts, and the region to succeed.
• Motivated to collaborate with peer group sharing ideas and supporting each other for the betterment of the company as a whole.
• Reinforces consistent selling, service and operational standards through leading, coaching, and accountability.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
• Has strong influencing skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• Professional, assertive, resourceful and friendly with the ability to make and influence decisions that are in the best interest of our customer and the business.
• Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others fostering an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
• Create a collaborative, team environment where DMs and store teams regard the RVP as a trusted resource aligned with Talbots’ vision and purpose, and has the best interest of the business and our customer in mind at all times.
• Inspire and mentor the team to excel in their areas of strengths building a broad bench of talent for future growth.
• Identify opportunities assisting in creative initiatives and developing strategies for the retail stores organization to improve performance and profitability.
• Motivated to build relationships and collaborate across regions and corporate business units.
• Foster cross-functional collaboration and accountability between team and regional support partners on regional initiatives including, but not limited to, Clienteling, local events, store renovations, visual merchandising, coaching and development, networking, hiring, and interviewing.
• Work closely with our merchant teams to assist in developing and/or implementing seasonal product strategies in addition to our Allocation team to ensure appropriate Regional assortment opportunities are recognized and actioned.
• Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors reinforcing Talbots’ selling culture of Hospitality, Experience and Relationships.
• Accountable for optimizing top-line sales and bottom-line profitability through strategic business planning across the region while enhancing the customer experience.
• Exhibits a clear understanding of the region’s P&L, payroll and expense management, and operational processes and procedures to assess store, district and regional performance.
• Identify core business inhibitors, solve for those issues, and apply customer satisfaction feedback in order to promote exceptional customer experiences.
• Stay abreast of the competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
Sales and Service:
• Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture where all associates align around the interests of our customers.
• Use company resources, including Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) surveys, and personal leadership to influence and facilitate a strong selling environment.
• Influence and promote an environment whereby all associates are held accountable and are rewarded for creating exceptional experiences for our customers.
• Professionally represent the brand image at all times and in all places.
• Accountable for operational excellence from your team.
• Assess region and district needs and solve for deficiencies. Think creatively and leverage resources to support networking and recruiting needs, manage day-to-day store operations, provide visual merchandising support, and, most importantly, to help our customers look and feel their best.
• Protect company assets and promote a safe work environment.
• Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
• Minimum of 10 years of multi-store leadership experience within specialty retail preferred.
• Proven success with regional experience is preferred.
• Entrepreneurial, innovative and creative in developing new ways to improve business opportunities.
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
• Proficient in computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), tablet/mobile devices and social media.
• Flexible to frequent travel.
• Open to relocating.
• College degree preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Vice President
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US