Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4491
Position Title: Risk Analyst
Under the direction of the VP, Information Security, the Risk Analyst identifies all potential risks associated with changes to the business which may negatively or positively impact information security at Talbots. Examples of such risk factors may include changing regulations, new software implementation, changes to existing applications, and change in physical locations, infrastructure changes, new or changed business processes. After reviewing all available evidence about the proposed changes the Risk Analyst will recommend strategies to reduce the impact of negative risks. The Risk Analyst will also document any risks that are accepted by the business and any mitigation strategies which are to be implemented to reduce the risk to Talbots information security.
The Risk Analyst will examine documentation, interview stakeholders, do business walk throughs, review external research on the topic, and complete personal research in order to accurately determine the state of risk before a change and then the risks being removed or introduced by the change. This position will also manage the risk register at Talbots including preparing for meetings with senior management to review and prioritize risk mitigation and reduction strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and document risks associated with changes in the Talbots organization which may negatively or positively impact information security at Talbots.
- Stay current with corporate policies, US, Canada, state and provincial security regulations.
- Complete risk assessments of changes to networking, servers, operating systems, databases and applications.
- Be familiar with a secure network infrastructure including the design of network segmentation, firewall policies, and configuration of security devices.
- Research and identify industry information security best practices and help develop an action plan for executing changes as needed to enhance system security and ensure the integrity of the Talbots information.
- All other information security duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, or other related business discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in identifying risk in an organization, in projects, in changes.
- CRISC preferred.
- Risk Assessment experience; knowledge of IT risk management concepts such as risk assessment, risk identification, risk response and mitigation, risk monitoring and reporting etc.
- Experience with US laws and regulations such as GLBA, Massachusetts Privacy Act, and FISMA.
- Experience in a PCI Compliance environment
- Experience in Cloud computing is a plus
- Experience with technology risk disciplines including Information Security, Data Privacy, and Regulatory Compliance.
Community / Marketing Title: Risk Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US