Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4165
Position Title: Benefits Specialist
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the Administration of Company Leave Administration, Absence Management and Time Off Plans and Programs. This role acts as internal resource to the third party leave administration vendor and acts as backup to other Benefit Administration staff members focused on Health and Wellness programs. Assists with updates to absence and benefits policies. Supports the administration of Company policies and procedures function. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting/coordinating benefits program activities, insuring compliance, drafting communications, organizing events, cost-tracking, coordinating benefit enrollment process and supporting wellness initiatives. Position interacts with associates regarding benefit inquiries and provides a high level of customer service. Reports to Director of Benefits and works in conjunction with the plans' vendors, broker, legal and Finance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Counsel associates on benefits and absence management plans and programs. Responds to inquiries, interprets policy and acts as a liaison with vendors. Resolves escalated associate issues.
- Support administration of the Company’s benefits and absence management programs as assigned. This includes group medical, dental, life insurance, long-and short-term disability insurance plans, voluntary life and disability plans, wellness activities, leaves of absence and Workday Absence Management. Responsible for ensuring that plans, policies and procedures are compliant with State and Federal laws.
- Acts as benefits subject matter expert to Human Resources, associates, departments and vendors.
- Acts as Workday Administrator for assigned benefit and absence plans. Acts as SME for Workday questions. Support Workday configurations, testing and validations. Recommends and implements Workday solutions. Optimize Workday functionality for benefits and absence management.
- Audit and analyze the Workday Benefits and Absence Management configuration to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations including ACA. Monitor plan eligibility reporting to ensure enrollment compliance under the ACA, plan rules and State and Federal laws.
- Responsible for reporting and performing internal audits to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data and file feeds between HRIS/Payroll and external vendors. Includes frequent review of vendor error reports and taking action to resolve errors with internal partners and vendors.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of benefit communications. Support preparation and distribution of health and welfare and Absence Management plan information to associates by email, online or paper as required in compliance with Federal and state regulations and laws.
- Supports administration of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordination and support of annual enrollment activities including benefit fairs and other department initiatives.
- Process and track department invoices, following established accounting procedures. Report as appropriate. Participate in the review of benefit plan provider enrollment reports and monthly billing statements to ensure their accuracy, and follow up to correct any discrepancies. Provide ongoing reporting to management for tracking expenses against the department’s annual budget.
- Provide benefits reporting to management as required.
- Coordinate the administration of benefits under COBRA for terminated employees. Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and processing of all required documents for the COBRA administrator. Provide guidance and assistance to employee and managers to answer COBRA related questions and/or resolve problems.
- College degree or equivalence experience
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Previous experience supporting and working with leave of absence administration, time off and health and wellness plans preferred.
- Workday Absence Management experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience writing for the web a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret plan and compliance documents.
- Strong PC skills, including advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience with online enrollment systems and benefit portals a plus.
- Knowledge of benefit plan compliance requirements and ACA regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of ERISA/COBRA/HIPAA and other federal regs regarding benefit plans.
- Commitment to excellence, high standards, and customer service.
- Team Player; effective interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions.
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US