Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4153
Position Title: Compensation Analyst
This position is responsible for the analysis, implementation and administration of Talbots compensation programs. Position researches, analyzes, reviews and evaluates compensation-related topics in support of the Department and Company. This involves work related to compensation policies, practices and procedures. Position makes recommendations that support company, department and management goals, while ensuring sound compensation practices are implemented.
- Implement and maintain compensation programs and policies to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Develop and participate in a variety of compensation surveys. Collect and analyze information on the company’s competitive position to the external market.
- Formulate recommendations regarding Compensation programs, practices and procedures. This may involve the review, analysis and development of company salary structures, job descriptions, organization structures, incentive plans, wage increases, etc.
- Review proposed salary changes for conformance to established guidelines, policy and practices. Recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve problems.
- Gather data and prepare recommendations for special studies on compensation related topics, requiring job analysis, job evaluations, quantitative analysis and similar techniques.
- Review requests for new or revised positions to determine Market Reference Point (market price) and FLSA classification. Audit jobs for content and prepare job descriptions. Evaluate positions using Market Pricing.
- Communicate results of job evaluations to Manager with backup details.
- Work with a cross-functional team to manage the Company recognition program focused on recognizing service milestones and performance.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: HR Department Staff
External: Survey Members, Comp Consultants
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in HR/Compensation including work with job descriptions, analysis of survey data and administration of policies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft and Excel skills are required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently and as a Team member.
Community / Marketing Title: Compensation Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US