Sr Director eCommerce
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 4046
Position Title: Sr Dir eCommerce
The Director of Ecommerce is responsible for daily management of Talbots.com web and mobile ecommerce activities. The Director will manage a team of product management and user experience professionals to ensure that ecommerce revenue, margin, conversion, customer satisfaction, and other key performance indicators and objectives are met. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Ecommerce & CRM, this senior position will play a critical role in creating intuitive, easy, and engaging ecommerce experiences for Talbots customers while proactively managing our ecommerce roadmap and development activities to drive business growth.
- Oversee the end-to-end vision and design of the Talbots.com web and mobile ecommerce websites, ensuring that customer needs are met with engaging, intuitive experiences and functionality
- Drive daily achievement of ecommerce business objectives and KPI targets, including revenue, conversion, aov, customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage the Talbots ecommerce roadmap, balancing and prioritizing competing business, customer, and technical initiatives using KPIs, customer research, and market/competitive analysis
- Manage execution of the ecommerce roadmap in partnership with IT and Web Operations, creating agile workflows and processes to drive rapid and efficient development and site improvement
- Partner with CRM, Planning, and Brand Marketing to ensure smooth execution of promotional activities and events across Talbots.com web and mobile ecommerce sites
- Partner with Merchandising to manage the Talbots ecommerce product experience with the goal of driving business growth in support of our ecommerce and omnichannel merchandising strategies
- Own all search engine optimization activities, driving competitive advantage for Talbots in this critical area
- Build and develop a talented team of product management and UX professionals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in retail ecommerce website functional or user experience management
- 3+ years leading a retail ecommerce team
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute, as well as to oversee a team that is driving execution
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including data mining and modeling
- Strong understanding of ecommerce funnel flows and interactions, including understanding of impacts of digital marketing channel mix and activities
- Demonstrated success in setting and adjusting ecommerce web strategies to drive business results
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- A strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and with teams
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated success driving ecommerce business results through functional, user experience, and merchandising changes, updates, and activities
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Director eCommerce
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US