Manager, Merchandising Business Process & Development
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 3272
Position Title: Mgr Merchandise Business
Drive and support key merchandising process, strategies and development. Create and maintain cross functional training/ on boarding program for Merchandising, Planning and Allocation.
Develop High Performing Team
- Manage 1 Merchandising Business Analyst. Responsible for training, developing, and empowering that associate.
- Develop new training/ on boarding program for Merchandising, Planning and Allocation (core & outlet).
- Partner with the Business Process Planning team to ensure a comprehensive training/ onboarding program is implemented and adhered to.
- Solicit timely and constructive feedback to continually improve the training/ on boarding program to provide the associate’s supervisor, “buddy” and peer the appropriate resources and tools for a successful transition.
Lead Smart Risk Taking and Innovation
- Act as change agent for Business Process, primarily supporting the Merchandising team, leading and supporting the needs and initiatives of the team.
- Partner the merchandising team to identify business driving opportunities through improved process, tools/systems and training
- Lead the Business Process team to identify areas of opportunities to improve inefficiencies and streamline processes, tools/ systems and reports
Drive Business Growth Strategies
- Partner with SVP Merchandising on brand initiatives, supplying the necessary analytics, reporting, recaps and corresponding observations/ action plans, utilizing the broader merchant when appropriate.
- Act as subject matter expert on Merchandising processes, systems/tools requirements and reports to help drive overall profitability and efficiency.
Collaborate with Expertise and Influence the CFT
- Drive to ensure successful implementation of any identified opportunities in improved process, tools/systems and training
- Lead merchandising support for BI transformation
- Lead merchandising support for Buy Plan Tool
- Lead merchandising support for Tradestone
- Lead merchandising support for adhoc in house templates and excel tools
- Primary partner to the BI/IT team with respect to new requirements, enhancements and performance issues/”bugs”.
- Ensure communication and direction on operational needs of the merchandising team throughout the season are clear, concise and timely.
- Merchandising liaison with other outside departments, such as Marketing, Stores and HR
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8+ years of experience in merchandising and systems support
- Functional understanding of retail/vertical retail business processes
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to use logic to solve problems
- Able to present clear ideas and direction to others
- Can build strong relationships with a diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, focus on training
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with or a strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools preferred
- Possess strong organization and time management skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and a high level of attention to detail
- Must be organized, disciplined, and able to work under pressure while being flexible and able to adapt
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Merchandising Business Process & Development
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US