Merchandise Planner Temp
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8676
Position Title: Merch Planner
The Merchandise Planner makes an immediate and daily impact on their business and lives the values of the organization. He/she drives all omni-channel merchandise planning activities, including the development of financial sales, gross margin, and inventory plans for their dept(s). This position is accountable for sales, margin, markdown, and inventory strategies to ensure profitability. He/she drives results through analysis, strategic thinking, pre-season plan development, and in-season management with their Cross Functional Team (CFT). He/she will strategize with Merchandising and Allocation partners to ensure that the financial goals are achieved, and will attain buy-in from the Manager and VP Planning and the Manager and VP Merchandising.
Drive Business Growth Strategies
- Owns and is accountable for departmental success. Responsible for OTB re-forecasting at a weekly level to reflect trends, alignment with company direction, and solutions for risks and opportunities. Able to communicate the business needs clearly and concisely to Manager and Sr. Leadership.
- Expert both pre-season and in-season on product mix performance for sales and inventory at the dept, class, and style/color level.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities within product mix, and use analytics and creative problem solving to drive profitable solutions.
- Actively recommend markdown and liquidation strategies to maximize omni-channel profitability.
- Act as subject matter expert on cross functional projects to help drive overall profitability and efficiency. Will include projects such as new systems, reports, tools and/or process changes.
Lead Smart Risk Taking and Innovation
- Through analysis, strategic thinking, and collaboration develop the financial classification plans/key items plans for sales, margin and inventory.
- Financially lead the CFT to identify business driving opportunities through analytics and risk management.
- Support and be a change agent for company initiatives.
Collaborate with Expertise and Influence the CFT
- Partner with the merchandising team pre season to develop plans that support the product strategies and in season to react to business and product needs.
- Ensure alignment of top/down and bottoms/up style/color plans with merchandising strategies and financial targets.
- Partner with the Inventory Analyst team to maximize omni profitability through pre-season store cluster analysis, initial allocation, DC management, and in-season management.
Work closely with Merchants, Inventory Analysts, and Company Planning to support their success.
Infuse energy and enthusiasm into the team dynamic.
Collaborate with other planners to drive consistency and best practices throughout the organization.
Support Business Process team in training and on boarding all new planning associates.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7+ years of experience in planning which includes knowledge of buying and allocation
- Stores and/or direct experience required, omni preferred
- Functional understanding of retail/vertical business processes
- Able to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Able to think independently and develop a well thought out point of view
- Able to solve complex problems and drive resolution with the CFT
- Able to present clear ideas and direction to others
- Can build strong relationships with a diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Planning system experience required: JDA, Oracle, SAP preferred
- Experience with or a strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools preferred
- Possess strong organization and time management skills, including being able to assess 80/20 effort
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and a high level of attention to detail
- Must be organized, disciplined, and able to work under pressure while being flexible and able to adapt
Community / Marketing Title: Merchandise Planner Temp
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US