Retail Inventory Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7744
Position Title: Retail Accounting Analyst 1
The Retail Analyst provides support to the Inventory Control and Cash departments by providing analysis of various inventory data through the creation of BI reports and tools and through reviewing, balancing and assisting in the weekly and monthly reconciliation of the Talbots credit card settlement.
Provides support to the Stores Field, Loss Prevention and Lakeville Distribution Center by ensuring inventory is recorded accurately. Responsible for monitoring internal communication, performing inventory adjustments, and reviewing and reporting on transaction trends. Ensures controls are adhered to and provides suggestions for improvements.
- Produce meaningful and insightful inventory analysis using data from MI9 Merchant to assist peers with understanding impact of daily gross margin on the business.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc analysis to ensure the most useful, current, and actionable information is available to management by researching and responding to stores via emails.
- Participate with the receipt and reconciliation of all daily settlement files for Talbots- US and Canada. The files include all sales audit files, cash receipts, credit cards (3rdparty and internal), vendor files, chargeback files, returned checks and all manually keyed transactions.
- Research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems identified in Talbots reconciliation tool ReconNet.
- Work with the Manager to complete all balancing and journal entries for the General Ledger by month-end. Verify that all on-line reports have been completed and are in balance with the entries being sent to the General Ledger. Submit all reconciliations and entries to Manager for approval.
- Work independently on special projects as assigned by management
Internal and External Relationships:
- Finance team
- Distribution Center/Logistics team
- Inventory Planning
- Loss Prevention
- Store Operations
- External Auditors
- World Pay
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting preferred)
- 2+ years of related experience in retail or warehouse inventory control functions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (specifically Excel) required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible, and persuasive
- Well organized and comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Inventory Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US