Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7397
Position Title: Admin Assistant II
Reports directly to SVP, Inventory Management and SVP/GMM. Works independently and as directed, performing a wide range of complex and confidential executive level administrative support duties. Provides skilled and effective business support to provide optimum available time for executives to work at maximum productivity and meet or exceed goals and achieve success.
Executive Level Administrative Support
- Complete administrative tasks; manage active appointment calendars; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; optimize travel time to enable remote decision making and keep projects on track; compile documents for travel-related meetings; complete expense reports
- Manage SVPs schedules. Prepare and secure necessary information to support meetings, projects, requests. Create various reports for use in internal and external meetings. Coordinate meetings by preparing and distributing materials, handling logistics, etc. .
- Keep executives informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and proactively manage conflicts, following up appropriately;
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow through on projects to successful completion, often under deadline pressures
- Coordinate department events, team meetings, town halls, etc.
- Onboard new associates; ensure that all equipment, HR and IT needs are established and in place to assure a smooth transition
- Prepare correspondence and reports for internal and external audiences. Compile and manage reports and figures for SVPs, as directed. Gather data and update reports and spreadsheets. Review reports, raising issues and discrepancies to appropriate personnel. Utilize various software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents. Provide data to other areas in the company, as directed.
- Manage office in SVPs absence. Assure smooth operation of office in his/her absence, anticipate and resolve problems, re-assign meetings and activities, etc. Forward pertinent information, when appropriate.
- Manage phone calls, inquiries and correspondence from vendors, customers, etc. Resolve problems when necessary to maintain and establish good business relations.
- Maintain files and follow-up system for department correspondence. Receive and review mail and distribute as necessary. Answer inquiries on own initiative, when appropriate. Follows up with other departments to ensure requests are carried out.
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel and any special activities for the SVPs.
- Act as liaison to other Executives and associates, providing information as required on business and confidential matters.
- Work with Direct Reports of SVP(s) to manage ongoing projects, maintain continuous and productive communication channels to ensure deliverables are managed in conjunction with teams and timeline.
- Purchase and maintain supplies; prepare/process expense reports; process purchase orders and payments for vendors/purchases.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: SVP’s staff, internal partners of staff, Executive staff, other departments.
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years previous experience in an office environment.
- Broad understanding of company business, structure, policies and practices.
- Strong communication skills
- Team-player, able to work independently and with direction
- Strong organizational skills and systems skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with associates at all levels in the organization
- Ability to manage confidential data
- Self-motivated; reliable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US