Fall Intern - Apparel Design: Sweaters
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7311
Position Title: Intern
Talbots is a leading retailer and direct marketer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials in a broad range of sizes. We are looking for interns that are just as passionate as we are about fashion, collaboration, and customer service.
This Design Internship will be working on our sweaters division.
Responsibilities will include:
- Trend Research Utilize WGSN, internet, fashion magazines and archives to identify seasonal trends for woven categories, work with team to create silhouette/concept boards which identify these trends.
- Presentation Board assembly & updates, this will include but not limited to: Inking in sketches, photo copying, cutting out sketches, labels, color chips and compiling all supplies needed for Presentation Boards.
- Coordinating with CAD department for all necessary artwork.
- Assist in creation & execution of design layouts and sketches, through to 1st proto sample.
- Trim development and trim color approvals. Assist in seasonal trim development, communication with vendors and color approvals.
- Maintaining and Updating trim and tailoring library.
- Assists Assistant Designer with fittings, keeps details notes.
- Work along side Assistant Designer on the reorganization of trim and tailoring library.
- Assist Assistant in creating and maintaining seasonal archives for print and pattern, trims and spec packages.
This intern will gain exposure to other departments such as Product Development, Sourcing, Technical Design, Research & Development and Merchandising, as well as our outside vendors such as mills and factories.
- Must be eligible to receive school credit as this is an unpaid internship for the Spring.
- Design major
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience preferred.
- Sketching experience a plus
- This is an unpaid credit-based internship for the Fall semester.
This is a credit-based, unpaid internship for the Fall semester.
Community / Marketing Title: Fall Intern - Apparel Design: Sweaters
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US