Fall Intern - Public Relations
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7229
Position Title: Intern
Talbots is a leading retailer and direct marketer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials in a broad range of sizes. We are looking for interns that are just as passionate as we are about fashion, collaboration, and customer service.
The Public Relations Intern will take on the following responsibilities:
- Monitor press coverage daily, including all social media platforms, and create weekly/monthly reports
- Utilize forsquare.com and vocus.com for blogger search and research national press
- Work in Excel for sample trafficking -- keep sample closet organized
- Organize blogger mailings
- Assist in organizing of press previews
- Assist PR director and VP of PR – Xeroxing, organizing, clerical
- Assist with special projects as needed (e.g., launches, events, gift guides etc)
- Help with the planing and execution of our fall influencer event.
- Must be eligible to receive school credit as this is an unpaid internship.
- Must be available to work 10+ hours each week throughout the Semester.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- High attention to detail and superior time management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
This is a credit-based, unpaid internship for the fall semester.
Community / Marketing Title: Fall Intern - Public Relations
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US