Fall Intern - Print & Pattern
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7205
Position Title: Intern
Talbots is a leading retailer and direct marketer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials in a broad range of sizes. We are looking for interns that are just as passionate as we are about fashion, collaboration, and customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help to create seasonal presentation boards for color, print, and trend.
- Help to create seasonal color palettes by finding swatches in color library
- Learn to match colors to printers to help create seasonal color palettes for design teams.
- Help to organize and maintain color, print, and print fabric libraries.
- Help to check in and file seasonal printed LPSY (line presentation sample yardage.
- Learn to enter and upload color and print information into SCM our style and fabric database.
- Learn how to make color, engraving and repeat comments on printed strike off's and bulk submits.
- Help to create and distribute seasonal print fabric cards to design teams.
- Attend team meetings, print shows and print vendor appointments.
- Print/Textile Design background – with general understanding of prints, textiles, and fabrications.
- Must have a strong eye for color.
- General Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to multitask, work quick and efficiently.
- Must have strong communication, organization skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to take direction.
This is a credit-based, unpaid internship for the fall semester.
Community / Marketing Title: Fall Intern - Print & Pattern
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US