IT Business Analyst, Merchandising
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7015
Position Title: IT Business Analyst - Merchandising Planning & Allocation
Primary responsibility is to support merchandise financial planning, assortment planning and buying, and inventory allocation applications. You will be researching and documenting technical opportunities, and identifying and resolving system issues, to improve system processes within the Merchandising space. This includes a variety of technical and analytical duties, and relies on broad understanding of organizational processes and software applications. The IT Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understands business requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Facilitate and execute master data management activities.
• Gather business requirements and use-cases to translate into functional requirements.
• Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements, gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing them.
• Triage and escalate issues as appropriate and ensure they are communicated, managed and resolved based upon priority and business impact.
• Communicate progress, issues and risks, during and after IT project development and implementation.
• Create test script; execute test planning and user acceptance testing.
• Participate in the solution architecture and application strategy.
• Maintain relationships with key stakeholders including internal business customers, external vendors, and the infrastructure, security and other application development teams to understand their needs and priorities
• 5+ years of experience in an IT Business and/or Systems Analyst position or related merchandising business capacity required.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business or related field.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of merchandise and assortment planning systems and processes.
• Experience with JDA Enterprise Planning and Allocation preferred.
• Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal/network computer environment; skill of using its commands to organize and analyze information.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams.
• Strong business acumen, analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn and act as a SME for multiple applications supporting planning, merchandising and allocation teams.
• Self-starter, resourceful and passionate worker, who operate independently and can deliver autonomously.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Analyst, Merchandising
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US