(United States and Canada)
This policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect
This Policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by The Talbots, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates (collectively, “Talbots”) during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Information confirming your eligibility to work in the United States and Canada, as applicable, including your citizenship and/or immigration status;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Talbots and/or any previous employment history with Talbots.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by Talbots for the purposes of creating communities to keep you up to date with opportunities in our different departments and carrying out our application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Talbots;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Meeting accommodation requirements in accordance with applicable human rights legislation;
- When requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (as required);
- Making improvements to Talbots application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of Talbots, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to Talbots.
- If you are offered and accept employment with Talbots, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including in the U.S., Canada, and in other jurisdictions in which Talbots does business.
- If you have been referred for a job at Talbots by a current Talbots employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Talbots employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Talbots employee, we may disclose that information while consulting with that employee for feedback to you.
- Talbots may also use service providers acting on Talbots behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of information verification / background checks (where applicable).
- Talbots may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local authorities, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Talbots, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
Talbots takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Updating your information
Talbots may retain your information to consider you for other jobs at Talbots which you may be interested in the future. If you do not want us to retain your information, or want us to update it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that some information may be retained if required by law.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. Each version of this Policy is identified at the top of the first page by its effective date.