(United States and Canada)
Last Updated Date: December 31, 2019
- What information we collect during our application, recruitment, and employment process and why we collect it;
- How we use and disclose that information;
- How to access and update that information;
- Your rights and choices with regard to that information.
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information is information that directly identifies or can be used to identify you as an individual. When you use the Services, we collect certain personal information about you, including:
- Contact information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an employment activity or application and/or recruitment process
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings, if any;
- Details related to your current employment status and the type of employment you are or may be looking for and terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Information about how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Information confirming your eligibility to work in the United States and Canada, as applicable, including your citizenship and/or immigration status;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Talbots and/or any previous employment history with Talbots.
How We Collect Information
We generally collect information in one of three ways: 1) information you provide to us; 2) information we collect automatically; and 3) information we receive from third parties, as described further below.
Information you provide
You may provide your personal information to Talbots when you:
- Request to be added to our Talent Network or ask to receive our careers newsletter
- Register for an applicant or employee account
- Apply for employment or job transfer
- Contact us, submit to interviews or phone-screenings, or otherwise communicate with us
Information collected automatically
We may automatically collect and receive your personal information when you interact with the Site. We use this information, which typically remains in aggregate form and does not identify individual users, to improve the Site and the Services we offer. If a combination of information we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information. The following are examples of how we automatically collect information through the Site:
Cookies. The Site uses 'cookies', small data files stored on your web browser, or other passive means of data collection. Cookies are used to personalize your visit, remember your preferences, or to enhance your experience and online browsing. You can adjust your web browser to accept or reject cookies; however, if you disable all cookies, some features of the Site may not work as intended.
Pixel Tags. We use 'pixel tags' (small graphic images also called web beacons or clear gifs) or similar technologies to track information in the aggregate about your use of the Site like the web pages you view, the links you click, and the time you spend on a page. We use this information to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns for career opportunities so we can learn how to best deliver your experience. We also use pixels to track our email campaigns to determine whether recipients opened the email and what links they clicked on from the email.
Information Collected from Third Parties
How We Use Information
We use your information for the purposes of creating communities to keep you up to date with opportunities in our different departments and carrying out our application, recruitment, and employment processes and other business and commercial purposes which include:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities and performing activities necessary for our employment, application and recruiting processes;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks (note that it is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to us) and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
- Communications with you about employment or the recruitment process and/or your application(s), or informing you of other potential career opportunities at Talbots;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, providing accommodations, or otherwise complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or governmental requests;
- When requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit or other employment-related requests;
- Making improvements to Talbots application and/or recruitment process and the Services;
- Protecting our legal rights or the rights, safety and property of Talbots, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law;
If you are offered and accept employment with Talbots, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
How We Share Your Information
- Talbots Corporate Family of Companies. Your information may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including in the U.S., Canada, and in other jurisdictions in which Talbots does business.
- Current Employees. If you have been referred for a job at Talbots by a current Talbots employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Talbots employee, we may disclose that information while consulting with that employee for feedback to you.
- Third Parties. We may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as local authorities, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process. We will also share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Talbots, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- Successor Entities. We reserve the right to sell, rent, disclose or transfer your personal information to a successor entity in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate changes respecting Talbots or our family of companies.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not permit third parties to collect personal information through the Site concerning your online activities over time across different websites. The Site does not currently respond to browser based “do not track” signals.
Talbots maintains reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. However, the security of information transmitted over the Internet is not guaranteed. We suggest you take steps to help protect the confidentiality of your information, such as: using complex passwords to secure your account, using a unique password for each site on which you have an account, and keeping your password confidential; keeping the operating system, anti-virus and other protections on your computer or mobile device up-to-date; sign out of your account when not using it; and contact us using the contract details below if you receive any suspicious mail, emails, phone calls or other communications purporting to be from Talbots.
Your Rights and Choices
- Update Your Information. You may view, update and correct your personal information by logging into your account or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
- Managing Your Account. You may update your account communication preferences and options by logging into your account or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
- Future Applications. Talbots may retain your information to consider you for other jobs at Talbots which you may be interested in the future. If you do not want us to retain your information, or want us to update it, please contact email@example.com. Please note, however, that some information may be retained if required by law.
Links to Other Websites
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account. Should we learn that someone under the age of 16 has provided any personal information to or on the Site, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Notice to California Residents
Changes to this Policy
One Talbots Drive
Hingham, MA 02043
You can contact us by telephone at 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687), Fax 1-800-438-9443, or by email at Privacy@talbots.com. Canadian customers should direct their inquiries to our Canadian Privacy Officer, who can be contacted using the contact information in this section or by email at Canada.Privacy.Officer@talbots.com.