Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7986
Position Title: Sourcing Assistant
Reporting to the Manager, Sourcing & Product Development, the Sourcing Assistant is responsible for product development from concept to delivery and facilitates the interaction between key cross functional partners and agents to procure product of the highest quality. This position covers swim, fashion accessories, cold weather accessories, scarves, hats, glasses.
- Assist manager by driving results that support sourcing strategy, responsibilities include:
- Maintain purchase order calendar deadlines and manage issuance of seasonal orders for product categories – ensure accuracy and maintenance of PO systems.
- Regularly organize and file department reporting and evaluate:
- Work in Progress (WIP)
- Cross Functional Charts (CFT)
- Sourcing Detail Recaps
- IMU Reports
- Purchase Order Finalization
- Master Style Summary (MSS) Reports
- Ability to think critically and assist manager and cross functional teams in determining and troubleshooting solutions.
- Ensure photo samples are on time and do not exceed photo shoot dates including late additions to the line and revised product.
- Responsible for setting up styles and general maintenance to include ensuring all data integrity and information is correct in Web PDM.
- Issue cost offers to vendors.
- Assist with initial cost sheets.
- Enter duties into Tradestone to ensure cost of goods are accurate.
- Become fully vested in the product development piece to include familiarity with all styles, organize and send out swatches, original samples, and tech packs.
- Foster relationships with agents -- manage daily email communication with overseas agents and internal cross functional team members.
- Play active role in cross functional team meetings in addition to work in progress meetings.
- Support manager and team members on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Textile, apparel, and accessories product development and sourcing industry experience or business background preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- PC proficient with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Customer service focused -- ability to build collaborative working relationships and understand partner’s needs
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Results driven
- Organized with ability to multitask and is deadline oriented
- Culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures)
- Ability to maintain a positive, poised, and professional demeanor in a high paced work environment
Community / Marketing Title: Sourcing Assistant
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US