Recruitment Specialist, Contact Center & Stores
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee US
Job Number: 4870
Position Title: Recruitment Specialist
Talbots is seeking a Field Recruiter to acquire new talent for our growing field organization. We source and hire managers passionate about their careers, developing others and building the care and confidence of our customer. We embrace technology; help our managers develop skills beyond their current role for work and life. We embrace kindness, foster relationships and think about how we can make a difference for others. Our recruiter must have an extensive network, a passion for retail, and a keen eye for talent. They must possess an ability to use multiple recruiting resources to quickly identify the right candidate to fill the job. If you are goal oriented, have strong influencing skills, love fashion & retail, and understand that recruiters must hunt and gather – we would like to speak with you about this opportunity.
- Recruit exempt openings
- Meet with hiring managers to conduct thorough intake meetings to understand the needs of each opening
- Develop and plan the recruitment strategy based on history, job content, cost and time constraints.
- Conduct screening interviews to determine applicant qualifications.
- Meet with department management to review applicants and make recommendations of appropriate candidates.
- Coordinate second interviews and review candidates feedback
- Make hiring recommendations
- Negotiate & make job offer.
- Collaborate with District Director to build strategic sourcing strategies around difficult/high volume openings. Manage full cycle recruitment process for priority store openings and new store openings.
- Utilize tools, manage budget effectively to source, and prequalify candidates.
- Develop new recruitment resources, both locally and nationally, to support the exempt hiring goals of the organization, achieve a balanced approach to resource structure from a cost, and service perspective.
- Work with field management and compensation department to facilitate successful job offers as needed.
- Update compensation on critical compensation issues throughout the recruitment process by identifying market data vs. internal equity issues.
- Conduct reference checks on all candidates prior to hire.
- Develop and place all advertising as needed to support exempt recruiting efforts meeting publication deadlines and expense guidelines.
- Ensure timely review and correspondence to all unsolicited applicants. This includes reviewing all incoming resumes and tagging for future consideration.
- Recommend and collaborate to develop appropriate store tools to support Store Manager recruiting needs.
- Coach and train recruiting skills in the field as needed.
- Support non-exempt sourcing as needed
- Effectively manage LinkedIn presence & share best practices in the field.
- Partner to ensure proper use of the applicant tracking system in the field.
- Help maintain and manage weekly maintenance of the Applicant Tracking System.
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years full cycle recruitment experience with the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Community / Marketing Title: Recruitment Specialist, Contact Center & Stores
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Knoxville, Tennessee US