Manager, Visual Catalog & Web
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7861
Position Title: Mgr Visual Catalog & Web
- To work with Merchants and Creative to develop merchandising strategies for both catalog and web
- To develop merchandising content for catalog and web that is sales driving as well as brand appropriate
- To communicate the precepts of the brand through the look and feel of the catalog and web site.
- To work with merchants and creative partners to build the best direct communication possible to the consumer.
- Develop and complete the merchandising of the product by area of business with the objective of achieving a consistent look and feel to both the catalog and the web.
- Merchandise and present the product to meet financial goals maximize assortment and brand objectives.
- Create new and innovative strategies to enhance the visual presentation while supporting the brand image.
- Ensure that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives from month to month.
- Partner with Merchants and Creative to determine final product placement for each item in the catalog.
- Work with Merchants and Creative to review and resolve any issues with the catalog regarding product placement, model color, space allocation and spread layout.
- Work with Creative and Merchants, review and resolve issues for the web business and develop new strategies to grow key classifications online.
- Conduct walkthroughs for both catalog and web presenting each catalog spread by spread to the Merchants, Creative and Senior Management.
- Resolve any issues identified at the formal walkthrough and update appropriate teams with resolutions.
- Conduct the pick – up meeting to review final merchandise placement with Creative. Discuss layouts for spreads, Sections within the book and how they will be shot, features and benefits of the product and any headline callouts.
- Ensure that the merchandise coordinator develops, maintains and distributes all versions of the shot sheet to Merchandising and Creative according to deadlines.
- Attend layout reviews with Creative and Merchants to finalize layouts, discuss casting by story and any merchandising concerns with regards to the layouts.
- Supervise the style out meeting with the merchandise coordinator to determine styling for each look in the catalog and provide any styling instructions that need to be communicated to freelance stylist.
- Attend photo shoots, ensuring that the needs of the business are being met while still maintaining the brand integrity.
- Partner with the store visual team ensuring that the catalog is consistent with the store message for each delivery.
- Assess the competition with respect to trends, marketing and product strategies; react accordingly to ensure market leadership.
- College degree
- 8+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of catalog and web merchandising
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Requires travel to attend photo shoots for assigned catalogs
- Self motivated and willing to take initiative
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Visual Catalog & Web
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US